October 25 is Make a Difference Day, when millions of volunteers throughout the nation will unite with a common mission—to improve the lives of others. Here at RainCatcher, our mission is to heal communities by providing clean water for children in the developing world using affordable and sustainable solutions. However, we need your support in achieving this goal. You can do this by participating in Rally for RainCatcher!
On Make a Difference Day, launch your own personal fundraising campaign that utilizes your strengths, passions, or hobbies to raise money and awareness about our cause. Rally 4 RainCatcher will start now and end on Thanksgiving Day (although we welcome new fundraising campaigns at any point in the year).
Here are some guidelines for how you can make a difference in the lives of children who struggle to obtain clean water—a resource that we have access to simply by turning the faucet.
- Choose your campaign. Here are a few suggestions to get the ball rolling: Grow a beard, start a birthday campaign, set up a lemonade stand, carry a Jerry Can around for a day.
- Set your fundraising goal. How much money do you want to raise? Here is some information to help you estimate your goal: $10,000 provides a rainwater-harvesting system that includes 10 years of maintenance, $50 provides a filter to get 1 million gallons of clean water. For birthday campaigns, we encourage you to multiply your age times 100 and make that your goal! For instance, if you are turning 21, your fundraising goal would be $2,100.
- Become a RainCatcher Fundraiser by setting up a campaign page on our website: https://raincatcher.kindful.com/rain-makers-2014.
- Tell your friends! Post to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter using the hashtag #rally4raincatcher to let your friends and family know what you are doing, why you are doing it, and how they can help you reach your fundraising goal.
- Donate your total on Thanksgiving Day and see your hard work go to helping those who lack access to clean water.